Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DC Update!

Ok, so life has changed so much since last month. I'll have to do a pic catchup later this week, but I'll include a few of my favs with this post. We obviously made it safely to DC with the help, love and prayers of so many friends and family. We could NEVER have done this without the help of all of our parents! They really made this transition possible and we want them to know how much we love them and appreciate all they have done for us!! Thank you to everyone that helped us in this move--friends and fam from Washington state to Utah to Missouri to Virginia to Connecticut to DC--and probably some in between all of that!

We were able to move right into a four bedroom townhome the day we got here. We LOVE it!! It'll be nicer when it is all unpacked, but the recovery on this third c-section has been a little more difficult! (ouch :) It was great to have so much time with Evan off, but as of yesterday he is in Tech training for the Honor Guard. Those who have been through it say it was the worste 8 weeks of their entire life, so this could be interesting. We realize the two months of training will be difficult and we won't see Evan much, but we are greatful to all be here together as a family!!

The kids are adjusting. We went to a playgroup today and they met friends both of their ages. And--a 5 year old girl for Carsyn to play with!!! (For those who don't know, Carsyn has NEVER lived around a girl her age, so this is a BIG thing!!) Peyton is growing like a weed, which puts her at HUGE status since she started out big!! She is getting prettier every day and it's fun to watch her develop more each day. The last 2 days she has started to smile more and really focus on everything around her. She is 5 weeks old now and just a sweetie to have!

I am going to update all of the past month (for journaling sake) this next week, but obviously the pictures will be from then, so enjoy these few current ones of the kiddos! They are just so cute and we really feel so blessed to have them!

I just took these (with the help of Carsyn) tonight right before I blogged!!

See the massive chunkiness?? So stinkin cute!!


We took this last Sunday night when we walked to the end of our street and watched the airplanes take off and land at Regean National Airport--right across the river!!



He's just cheesin it up before church last week!


This was taken quite a while ago at Grandma's, but I just love the pic!!






12 comments:

Lisa R said...

Peyton looks just like you!!!! I can't believe how big your kids are! It was good to see you while you were in Columbia, even if it was for a brief moment! Hope these next few weeks go by quickly!

Parley and Anna said...

Seriously. You are cruel. This just makes me miss you guys even more! Peyton is so stinkin' cute! I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Thanks for the update!
ps Did you see my 2 new totally dorky comments on your last post. I'm such a nerd. Makes you miss me, huh?! :)

berry family said...

Cute pictures. She looks so much like Carsyn to me. Cute pictures of they other kiddos. I am glad you like DC. We were in Washington this past week; it was weird not seeing you.
Rashelle

Tyler, Alexis, Karielle and Jillian said...

Peyton is such a cutie! She looks a lot like Carsyn in the face. Your kids are getting so big! Is the townhouse that you moved into on or off base? Make sure you take pictures of all the cool DC stuf so I can see. You know, the Lincoln memorial, and the National Archives and the US Mint! How fun for you guys to be in such an exciting area! (despite politicians..) Congrats on Peyson. Give the kids a hug for me. We miss you guys! If you have the chance, I had my little munchkin two weeks after yours, and there's some pics up on my blog. Hope you recover soon!!!

Shannon said...

WOW-she has changed so much in just couple of weeks! I NEED to see her again-soon! SOOOO cute!

Jill said...

I just want to squeeze her and nibble on those cheeks! It's so sad we don't get to see you guys, but we are so glad to hear things are going well! Love you all!

Wonderful World of Crafts said...

They are all so cute. I can't wait!!!!

Do anything you can afford said...

It's so fun to see her so alert and beautiful. You're were right when you said she has a look of her very own. I'm amazed at how much she has changed. I love those dark eyes. Are they going to be brown now that I predicted blue? Thanks so much for the pictures although it makes me miss you all all the more!!!
Loves

Lexi said...

wow Peyton looks so muc like your other kids! Look at all that HAIR!! How exciting to be settling in, I bet you are so happy to be there!

Colton Anne said...

It looks like you have two little Jamie's running around...Carsyn and Peyton! She's adorable adn I'm so glad you guys have had an easy transition...good luck with the 8 week training!

Robyn said...

Peyton is so just so darned cute. Jimmy says she looks like you. I miss you all. Since you don't read your email (he, he) I made a blog. Seriously, I can't believe how BIG she is. Enjoy!!!

Robyn said...

So "WELCOME" is Robyn. See, I'm still learning how to do a blog. he, he.